On behalf of the Gwinnett Place Community Improvement District Board of Directors, we are pleased to share with you our 2018 annual report which is available here. The report is designed to update our stakeholders, CID partners and community members on the organization’s accomplishments in the past year and to provide details on future plans.
Topics covered in the annual report include:
- Vision 2020 – An effort that was created in 2017 to attract developers to consider Gwinnett Place for redevelopment opportunities
- Pleasant Hill Road enhancements
- Walking Tour of Gwinnett Place
- Various intersection improvement projects
- Public safety and community beautification efforts
- Feasibility studies identifying ways to better connect the area’s parks with residential and commercial destinations
The Board is proud of the CID’s accomplishments and remains focused on the work ahead to meet our goals of creating a more walkable, sustainable and economically viable and vibrant community.
Looking Ahead in 2019
As the first quarter of 2019 has come to a close, the CID is well underway with many important and exciting projects, studies and plans, including:
Shorty Howell Park Connection:
Gwinnett County awarded an engineering contract on March 19, 2019 to Pond & Company to perform a feasibility study and concept design for this portion of the Loop Trail that will connect Shorty Howell Park, McDaniel Farm Park, Peachtree Ridge Park and Suwanee Creek Park. Work will begin later this month. This project is a result of the CID’s ACTivate Gwinnett Place plan.
- Old Norcross Road: Construction plans approved. Construction will be underway late April 2019.
- Steve Reynolds Boulevard: Construction plans approved. Construction will be underway late April 2019.
- West Liddell Road (west side) sidewalks from Satellite Boulevard to Venture Drive: Engineering will begin late 2019.
- Sweetwater/Club Drive sidewalks: Plan to begin engineering for this project will be in late 2019.
Venture Drive at Steve Reynolds Boulevard intersection and Venture Drive at Day Drive Roundabout:
Gwinnett DOT anticipates beginning construction in the summer of 2019 with completion by mid-2020. These projects are the result of the CID’s traffic study and is funded by the CID, Gwinnett County and the State Road and Tollway Authority.
I-85 CD Lanes:
The project to improve the collector-distributor lanes from Pleasant Hill Road north to SR 316 will begin construction later this month of early May. This project is the result of the CID’s traffic study.
Pleasant Hill Road streetscape project:
Currently, under construction, this pedestrian improvement and streetscape project along Pleasant Hill Road from Club Drive to Old Norcross Road will include new concrete sidewalks, enhanced landscaping, brick pavers, benches, pedestrian plazas and ADA ramps. Jointly funded by the CID and Gwinnett County, we anticipate completion by end of May 2019, weather permitting. The project is requiring intermittent lane closures between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. This project is a result of the ACTivate Gwinnett Place plan.
Click here to view for details about this project.
And there is even more on the drawing board as, together, we move Gwinnett Place forward.
President, Ackerman Retail
Chairman, GPCID Board of Directors