Discover the World in One Location
The Gwinnett Place Community Improvement District (CID) is a public-private partnership (self-taxing district) that uses additional property taxes to accelerate infrastructure improvements, security enhancements and economic development initiatives. The CID is leading the effort to expedite mobility, quality of life and economic improvement strategies for the benefit of businesses, employees and visitors to Gwinnett’s central business district. Through partnerships with Gwinnett County Government, the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, the State of Georgia and others, the CID has a proven track record of improvements that are transforming Gwinnett Place. To view a map of the CID’s geographical boundaries, Gwinnett Place CID Map.
Our Mission and Vision
Mission: To develop Gwinnett’s central business district as a hub for economic and employment activity.
Vision: Gwinnett Place recognized as a flourishing center for an internationally diverse, livable urban community.
What this public-private partnership wants to accomplish …
- Coordinate planning and share responsibility in order for businesses to flourish in a stable district.
- Invest in infrastructure and develop an enhanced transportation network to ensure the district remains Gwinnett’s most desirable business location.
- Provide an area that is competitive, secure and attractive to businesses.
Ways the CID is accomplishing its mission …
- Improve traffic flow and mobility options
Upgrade the Pleasant Hill Road Bridge and area intersections, introducing traffic signal optimization, and promoting transportation alternatives.
- Promote pedestrian access
Improve the network of sidewalks to include bike trails, enhanced walkways, pedestrian refuge islands and pedestrian streetscapes for easy access to residential, business and shopping venues.
- Create a distinctive Gwinnett Place community
Unify the streetscaping that enhances the pedestrian-friendly street design concept to include signage elements, the creation of pocket parks, public plazas, benches and green fields with a consistent landscaping design to create a familiar “community look” that enhances a sense of belonging.
- Provide attractive streetscape design
Emphasize landscaped pedestrian options with attractive streetscape designs.
- Increase desirability of property for redevelopment
Use public investments, innovative ordinances and the creation of Tax Allocation Districts (TAD) and Opportunity Zones (OZ) to increase the desirability of property for redevelopment.
- Coordinate safety and security
Identify challenges and implement solutions with CID-funded safety and security patrols.