Our Mission and Vision
Mission: To develop Gwinnett’s central business district as a hub for economic and employment activity.
Vision: Gwinnett Place recognized as a flourishing center for an internationally diverse, livable urban community.
Learn more about Gwinnett Place CID’s future planning efforts by reading the Vision 2020 GPCID Strategic Plan/December 2018 Progress Update to CID Board.
What we want to accomplish …
- Coordinate planning and share responsibility in order for businesses to flourish in a stable district.
- Invest in infrastructure and develop an enhanced transportation network to ensure the district remains Gwinnett’s most desirable business location.
- Provide an area that is competitive, secure and attractive to businesses.
Ways we accomplish our mission …
- Improve traffic flow
Upgrade the Pleasant Hill Road Bridge and area intersections, introducing traffic signal optimization, and promoting transportation alternatives.
- Promote pedestrian access
Improve the network of sidewalks to include bike trails, enhanced walkways, pedestrian refuge islands and pedestrian streetscapes for easy access to residential, business and shopping venues.
- Create a distinctive Gwinnett Place community –
Unify the streetscaping that enhances the pedestrian-friendly street design concept to include signage elements, the creation of pocket parks, public plazas, benches and green fields with a consistent landscaping design to create a familiar “community look” that enhances a sense of belonging.
- Provide attractive streetscape design
Emphasize landscaped pedestrian options with attractive streetscape designs.
- Increase desirability of property for redevelopment
Use public investments, innovative ordinances and the creation of Tax Allocation Districts (TAD) and Opportunity Zones (OZ) to increase the desirability of property for redevelopment.
- Provide for inter-parcel access
- Improve mobility options
- Coordinate safety and security
Identify challenges and implement solutions with CID-funded safety and security patrols.