December is here and the holiday season is in full motion with excitement, joy, and frankly, looming deadlines that can be stress-inducing. Right now, you are probably frantically searching for gifts, party-planning and finishing up work projects for the calendar year. Fortunately, there are several resources in the Gwinnett Place area that can simplify your holiday season.
In that spirit, here are the top five ways Gwinnett Place can brighten up your season by easing some common holiday challenges:
1. Affordable Fashion Options: All those holiday parties and end-of-year professional functions can put a strain on one’s wardrobe. Fortunately, there are many retailers offering reasonably priced clothing and accessories, including Kohl’s at 2050 W Liddell Rd, T.J. Maxx at Gwinnett Market Fair and Macy’s at Gwinnett Place Mall. For the fashionistas on your list, check out Marshalls or Beauty Master at Gwinnett Place Mall or Citi Trends at Mall Corners.
2. The Big Box Retailer Next Door: If your gift list includes electronics, furniture or housewares, you can easily complete your shopping in Gwinnett Place at Fry’s Electronics, located at 3296 Commerce Avenue Northwest or Best Buy at 1875 Pleasant Hill Road. You can likely check everyone off your gift list and find several things for yourself with just one stop at Costco, 3980 Venture Drive, or Sam’s Club at 3450 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
3. Burn Off Those Holiday Calories: Even if you don’t over-indulge in holiday treats, fitting physical activity into your regular routine is a must. For the outdoorsy type, McDaniel Farm Park and Shorty Howell Park offer walking trails and fitness classes. Martial arts, weight-lifting, boxing and more can be found at studios and gyms in the area.
4. Gift Wrap, Holiday Décor on the Cheap: Dollar stores are an excellent resource for inexpensive holiday trimmings, White Elephant gifts, wrapping supplies and more. Gwinnett Place is home to Dollar Tree and Family Dollar locations.
5. Lodging for holiday guests: Gwinnett Place boasts several hotels and inns that can serve as “homebase” for your guests from out of town. From Candlewood Suites to Sonesta Gwinnett Place there’s something for every budget.
On behalf of the Gwinnett Place CID Board of Directors and staff, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to our members, partners and the thousands of people who work, live and play in the Gwinnett Place area. We look forward to continuing our work with you and for you in the new year.