Gwinnett Place CID is only one percent of the entire land area of Gwinnett County, but as the main commercial core, the area’s sphere of influence provides a massive economic impact. In fact, Gwinnett Place has an annual economic impact of $9.5 billion on Gwinnett County and the State of Georgia. The 2017 study conducted by Bleakly Advisory Group derived the number from the fact that Gwinnett Place has a direct economic output of $4.5 billion, and indirect and induced effects of an additional $5 billion.
Did you know Gwinnett Place has …
- 1,900 companies
- $1.3 billion in payroll
- An average salary of $57,000
- More than 10,000 jobs added since 2011
Retail spending in the district amounts to $1.1 billion generated from 7.8 million square feet of retail space. Food and beverage sales comprise $60 million from more than 170 restaurants in the district. Auto sales in the Gwinnett Place CID make up 16 percent of the county’s total auto sales.
More than 96,000 people live in 34,000 households within three miles of the Gwinnett Place CID, with millennials (13-32 year olds) making up 28,000 of the population. Millennials are the highest educated group of young adults with the most spending power of any generation. Millennials lead the demand for compact, walkable communities.
Diversity and inclusion make Gwinnett Place great. While Caucasians make up 34 percent of the district population, the majority of the remaining 66 percent is comprised of Latinos, African Americans, Asians and heterogeneous individuals. More than half of Gwinnett Place households speak a language other than English at home, compared to 33 percent county-wide.
Endless possibilities …
While Gwinnett Place CID has tremendous impact on the County, our greatest chapter is still being written. Imagine the economic impact possibilities once redevelopment in this area has truly occurred. The best is yet to come with the continued partnership between Gwinnett County and the private sector businesses that support the Gwinnett Place CID and the vision for an internationally diverse, livable urban community in the strategic heart of Gwinnett. With the willingness to act boldly, and with a continued investment in and commitment to Gwinnett Place, anything can be accomplished.
Click on the reports below created by Bleakly Advisory Group to learn more.