Joe Allen has been the Gwinnett Place CID executive director since 2006. With a masters of public administration from Georgia State University, Joe has been serving Gwinnett County since 1991 with his positions as: director of administration and chief deputy tax commissioner at the Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner’s Office, director of public affairs and business resources at the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce and division director, risk management and employees services at the department of financial services for the Gwinnett County Government.
With more than 20 years of directing executive-level administrative operations, economic development initiatives, marketing and public relations, strategic planning, budgeting and program management, Joe is a detail-oriented proactive leader who gets things done. He aspires to serve the board members and commercial property owners to advance in the shared vision that Gwinnett Place will be the model for an internationally diverse, livable urban community.
Joe is also heavily involved in the Gwinnett County community and is involved in the following organizations:
- Partnership Gwinnett Economic Development Initiative, quality of life committee chair, 2008-2012; implementation committee, 2008-present; leadership diversity council, 2013-present; redevelopment taskforce, 2010-present
- President, Gwinnett Public Funding Entity Board of Directors, 2016-present
- Gwinnett County Redevelopment Agency, 2016-present
- Rotary International, assistant governor, district board of trustees and past president of the South Gwinnett Club
- Leadership Gwinnett, program day chair, 2007-2010
- Mercer University, College of Arts and Sciences alumni board, past president and member, 1996-present
- Gwinnett Coalition for Health and Human Services, board of directors, 2011-2014
- Ed Bryant Education Foundation board of directors, 2010-2015
- Ferguson Elementary School Foundation board of directors, 2016-present
- Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful board of directors, 2017-present
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, board of directors, 2008-2014
Glenn Wisdom has been the Gwinnett Place CID’s director of operations since 2010. Glenn’s previous positions as the general manager of the JC Penney at Gwinnett Place Mall and Pleasant Hill Square stores during the GPCID formation have given him insight into the area’s development and potential.
Glenn earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Carson-Newman University, and promptly began his career with JC Penney in Hixson, Tennessee. The Gwinnett Place CID was formed during his time at Gwinnett Place Mall, and Glenn instantly took an active role to support the budding organization in an effort to rid the area of trash and graffiti. He joined the Gwinnett Place CID board of directors in 2005, then left his position at JC Penney to join the staff five years later. It is his hope that the Gwinnett Place Community will continue to grow, thrive and remain relevant. Glenn strives toward building a safer and more attractive environment for both businesses and residents to call home.